We are excited as we are bringing our preschoolers and children back on campus. New opportunities to serve are available in these ministries. Several spots require no prep or can be on a rotating basis.
Share your areas of interest and we will work with you to find a good match.
SCHOOL SUPPORT (NEW PROGRAM! Donations Welcome)
Two opportunities to support our local schools:
1. NEW!! We are teaming up with Allen ISD to help support children, families, and teachers during COVID-19.
AISD's PTA has identified a list of specific items that will be distributed where the need is greatest. This is an ongoing program.
Three ways to support this program:
1. Donate funds online through our giving portal
2. Order items off the wish list via: amazon.com or Walmart.com
3. Bring donations to the church office during business hours
Pencil Pouches (for three-ring binders)
Poly (plastic) Folders
Folders with Pockets and Brads
Plastic Reusable Water Bottles (to give to children who forget to bring a bottle to school - drinking from water fountains is not available at this time)
Individually Packaged Snacks: Fruit Squeeze, Goldfish Crackers, Cheez-Its, Popcorn, Nutrigrain Bars, Pretzels
2. Continuing: Our Cornerstone Ministry has adopted Boyd and Rountree Elementary Schools. Both schools have a combined total of about 1,200 students. Approximately 65% of these students live below the poverty level. A collection bin for clothing and school supply donations is located in Building E, and cash donations are accepted in the church office during the week.
Contact: Jimmy Smith.
FOOD PANTRY (Donations Welcome)
Our Food Pantry distributes food and household items to residents of Allen, Fairview, and Lucas who lack the resources to maintain a healthy life. Collection bins are located around the campus or you can bring donations to the church office.
Volunteers help homebound members keep in touch. Many of our homebound live in their own homes, some live with family, while others live in senior living centers. Sometimes, they need to have errands run for them, but most often, all they need is warm conversation at your convenience.
Contact: Jimmy Smith.
Pastor's Prayer Partners receive daily email prayer requests. Contact Julie Roden to sign up.